Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Walking On A Dream

Boker Tov Tel-Aviv (Good Morning Tel-Aviv)

There is nothing like starting the day off with a bathing suit, journal, and iPod, on the beach.





I got kicked out of my apartment because Larry (our maintenance man) wanted to clean our floors... I know rude right! (Joking) So I Jumped out of bed threw a bathing suit on and headed a few blocks down and found myself laying down staring at the still water in peace. I don’t think there will ever be a day that this beach gets old. Today was a little different because their were traces of last nights festivities. A holiday called Lag-BaOmer where everyone grabs their hot-dogs, marshmallows, drinks and together build bonfires on the beach. Tents, campers and the not so Tel-Avivians were still camped out and continuing the party.

Today I had one of those days where I found serenity and happiness simply through daily routines. I got home from the beach and and went out for a number of errands. I can call my empty fridge a blessing really because the moment I left my house my day just got better and better. The streets were buzzing; Laughter, music, cars honking, buses, loud Israelis, and vendors doing their mating calls; the sounds of life.

At the entrance of the Shook their was a man playing guitar, an old lady with a keyboard, and a Charlie Chapman look a like doing a tap routine. I walked around for a bit with out any intention other than to enjoy...just being me, in my city. I bought a 5 shekel fresh squeezed carrot juice, and decided to find my way back home though different alley ways.




I think one of my favorite things about Tel-Aviv are these terribly ugly (in the sweetest sort of way) alleyways, almost slum like, with stray cats and old tiny buildings. It’s the most amazing thing to just walk through without any hesitation that it is not safe. Also in my opinion, these alleyways are home to the most artistic wall graffiti and the most lived and charming porches. I simply find them obscurely beautiful.



After some work, and feeling genuinely content with life in general, I went for a nice workout at a real gym (not my mini beach gyms). I scored on a 10 day pass.. thanks Mike! Ah the vision of Israelis in their spandex, that's a whole new topic. I was fortunate enough to, without agenda, find myself leaving the gym at the peak of a heavenly sunset.
I cooked a delicious dinner, spent a good amount of time giggling with my roomie (Lindsay) and went to bed a happy Leetal, ready to enjoy what tomorrow has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment