Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I LOST MY WALLET


I lost my wallet. I am a lone ranger in the land of milk and honey. No credit card, ATM, bus pass, and dignity after having to call the States (San Diego to be exact) as a 25 year-old adult to tell my mother. I am left with 301 shekel and 60 agorot that I found in the crevices of my purse. In American terms that’s about 70 or so dollars to last for a few weeks until I get my ATM card back. On the bright side this should make up for some good adventures and force me to be as thrifty as possible. Kind of exciting really.

Let me first state why i am here. Hello! My name is Leetal and I am a wallet loser. Jokes aside, I am living in this little wonder dream of a life in a city that is as beautiful as old, grungy as charming, filled with life culture and on a coast that makes me thank my eyes every morning I wake up to it. I came here on a program called Oranim “Long term-internship in Tel-Aviv”… all I had to read was long term in Tel-Aviv, please SIGN ME UP! I have never lived here yet alone worked here. So here I am to fill you in on my adventures day by day and take you on a voyage through Tel-Aviv and Israel. I will add my quick advantage to understanding the language (hebrew) fluently but in actuality have the confidence of a newby when speaking it.

My internship is pretty “ emmm how you say in Israel.. uhh ken Metzuyan!” Perfect really. I get to do what I love most: photograph, travel and spread my newfound knowledge of Israel day by day to the world. Or at least to the 3 people reading my blog. Thanks mom! In hopes that by the end of 4 months, you and I will know the city of Tel-Aviv, its’ streets, life, people and experiences I go through as an Oranim participant, this could be fun, no?! Other than that I feel there is really no other introduction needed. Just sit back and join me on my adventures and this marvelous learning experience and opportunity, ahh life is really beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Cool blog leetwalis, this will fill up my free time when i have. i will enjoy your little writings :) good luck with the new job. i posted roni pics on facebook
    enjoy
    love you miss you k

    ReplyDelete